Wednesday 18 March 2015

Smokey Nude







So, as a blue eyed pale skin girl,Smokey Eyes have always personally intimidated me, Like any girl I would attempt a sexy smokey look hopelessly packing on the darkest black from my palette and attempting to blend it out only to be left looking like a distraught panda. However after experimenting with various brushes and products I've finally found a combination that I love. This light sultry look works well as it doesn't appear to harsh on my skin. I love this look as I feel as though its a soft day to day look and is easily achievable. This casual smoky eye and nude lip can be achieved by using five basic products In ten minutes.

For my subtle Smokey eye I've Used the Bobbi Brown Brow Kit as I find that this also doubles as a perfect eye shadow. I use the shades Cement and Birch (Cement being the lighter taupe shade). I start off by taking the shade Cement on my Lancôme 17 Blending shadow brush, I lightly work this into my crease. To intensify the Smokey eye I then took the shade Birch on a basic angled brush from Wilkinson's and ran this along my lower lash line. To deepen the crease I then used the shade Birch on the same Lancôme brush and blended this lightly.  If you were looking for a darker result with the eye shadow I would recommend to use a deeper brown shade in the crease and also along on the lower lash line.

For my lips I used Topshop Lip Bullet in the shade 'Motel'. This lip colour is a deep nude, If you prefer to have a dark nude lip then simply use this product on its own. However, with my pale skin I feel that using this product alone is too harsh; Therefore I layer Revlon's Colour Burst Lip Butter In 'Crème Brulee' to leave a glossy effect that also lightens the colour.

Unfortunately Topshop Lip bullet in 'Motel has been Discontinued, However a great Dupe for this is Rimmel Lasting Finish in the shade 'Rossetto'

                                                   Bobbi Brown Brow Kit - John Lewis
                                                                       £35

                                           Lancôme 17 Blending Shadow Brush - John Lewis
                                                                       £22
  
                                 Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick 'Rossetto' - Superdrug
                                                                        £5.49

                                          Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter 'Crème Brulee' - Boots
                                                                        £7.99

                                          Wilkinsons Angled and Smudger Brush - Wilkinsons
                                                                        £1.99


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. love the look you've put together! Also definitely want to check out the revlon colour burst lip butter x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! Definitely do!, it so long lasting and mositurising!x

    Courtney

    http://www.lamodede-luxe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© La Mode De Luxe. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig